French Premium Medium Toasted Oak Chips (100g | 3.5oz)
ABC CRAFTED SERIES French Premium Medium-Toasted Oak Chips specific particle size make them ideal for small-batch winemaking.
French oak contains high concentrations of spice and balsam aromatic compounds. It is also characterized by its high concentrations of eugenol (spice aromas) and maltol (roasted and caramel aromas).
Their fine grain, high porosity, and permeability make them ideal for use in winemaking. This oak’s slow component transfer makes it particularly suitable for medium- and long-duration treatments.
- Roasted Nuts
APPLYING TO WINE:
- Enhances aromatic complexity by transferring vanilla and spice aromas.
- Preserves the wine’s natural fruitiness due to its slow, gradual transfer of oak aromas.
- Creates a structured mouthfeel thanks to its ellagitannin content.
- French Premium Medium-Toasted Oak Chips contains high concentrations of volatile compounds such as eugenol, guaiacol, and isoeugenol, which give the wine roasted nuts, coffee, clove, and licorice aromas.
- In wine 4 grams per 1 L (33.8 oz), dosage time will depend on the degree of transfer sought and the intensity of the characteristics desired.
- For chips, treatment time varies between 0 and 4 weeks.
- Users are recommended to perform prior testing to determine dosage and to taste the wine frequently to identify the optimal treatment time in each case.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE:
- Chips: To optimize the transfer of the oak's beneficial properties to the wine, position the sacks of chips at varying depths within the container.
- 50% of the oak at the top of the container and 50% of the oak at the bottom of the container.
- Shake the sacks once a week.
- Brown chips color tone varies according to toasting
- Store in the original packaging in a cool dry place.