American Candy Flavour Oak Pellets (100g | 3.5oz)
ABC CRAFTED SERIES American Candy Flavour Oak Pellets' specific particle size makes them ideal for small-batch winemaking.
Respects the varietal characteristics with a combination of vanilla and caramel. The pellet, an innovative format of oak alternatives, is a very useful and differentiating tool in winemaking due to the characteristic aromas extracted. American Candy Flavour Oak Pellets produce a rapid transfer of aromatic compounds at a reduced dose as a result of their structure, porosity, and permeability.
Does not contain artificial binding agents.
APPLYING TO WINE:
- Enhances aromatic complexity by transferring candy aromas.
- Preserves the wine’s natural fruitiness due to its slow, gradual transfer of oak aromas.
- American Candy Flavour Oak Pellets is abundant in polyphenols and phenolic aldehydes from the thermal degradation of lignin. It has a high concentration of vanillin and candy, which makes the vanilla and caramel profile in the wine very obvious.
- In wine 4 grams per 1 L (33.8 oz), dosage time will depend on the degree of transfer sought and the intensity of the characteristics desired.
- For Pellets, treatment time varies between 0 and 4 weeks.
- Users are recommended to perform prior testing to determine dosage and to taste the wine frequently to identify the optimal treatment time in each case.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE:
- Pellets: To optimize the transfer of the oak's beneficial properties to the wine, position the sacks of Pellets at varying depths within the container.
- 50% of the oak at the top of the container and 50% of the oak at the bottom of the container.
- Shake the sacks once a week.
- Brown Pellets colour tone varies according to toasting
- Store in the original packaging in a cool dry place.